Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lavash Pizza

This was a quick lunch I put together over the weekend! One reason I really like the show Chopped is because home cooks are faced with the same challenge of, "What meal can I make out of these ingredients I already have in my fridge?"

One ingredient I find very versatile and low carb is Lavash bread, which sells at Trader Joe's. I've filed the lavash w/ a curry chicken salad, egg salad, grilled chicken, ham & cheese, and herbed cream cheese w/ bell peppers... so many options! 

This pizza could have been bbq chicken, veggie, or meatball, but I had pesto, basil, & tomato, which was delicious. 

Verdict--definitely keeping lavash in my fridge for more creations.



Lavash Pizza
Ingredients 
1 sheet of lavash
2 TB of pesto
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 tomato finely sliced
red pepper flakes to taste
shreaded basil garish

Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Put a piece of tin foil on a cookie sheet, place the lavash on it, spread pesto over it, add cheese, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes on top. 
- Put in over for approx. 7 mins or until golden and crispy!
- Cut the pizza and sprinkle with fresh basil



1 comment:

  1. that looks awesome! would make a great appetizer too! yum!

    ReplyDelete