Monday, August 10, 2015

Watermelon Salad

This recipe hails from the Newlywed cookbook and this one caught my eye w/ its' use of summer produce!

I will make substitutions on cooking recipes for whatever I have in the house to make sure that I am using the produce quick enough. I used romaine lettuce, since that is what I had on hand, but the recipe calls for a more bitter lettuce like arugula and I do think it would have been great with it too.

Verdict--would make this again for a nice summer meal to accompany any grilled meats. The dish is best served icy cold from the fridge.


 
Watermelon & Goat Cheese Salad

Ingredients:
-Romaine Lettuce/arugula lettuce
-Pistachios
-Watermelon
-Goat Cheese
-Mint
-Balsamic Vinegar
-Good drizzle of Olive Oil
-Salt & Pepper to taste
 
Directions:
-Wash the lettuce and put a small layer on the bottom of a shallow bowl
-Add thinly sliced watermelon, small pieces of mint, pistachios, crumbled goat cheese, salt, & pepper on top.
-Then a light drizzle of balsamic and olive oil
 

1 comment: