Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chicken Curry Crockpot Recipe

The crockpot has become my favorite kitchen appliance due to the ease of cooking with it and the tasty meals it creates. I spend 5-10 minutes cutting and pouring everything into the crockpot before work, then when I come home 9 hours later, dinner is ready! This is a great $20 investment.

Here is a new dish that I will be served at my dinner table once a week--chicken curry. I enjoy eating curry when I eat out because it was a dish I knew I couldn't master at home, but I was wrong...


Chicken Curry Crockpot Recipe
2 chicken breast, cut into thirds
1 sweet potatoes, peeled and largely diced
1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo), drained 
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
3 teaspoons curry powder

Directions: 
- Place chopped onion in crockpot, followed by chicken, garbanzo beans, sweet potato, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, ginger, curry powder, and orange juice, then cover.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving, add sour cream, stir.
- Serve over rice.

Enjoy,
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. This sounds both yummy and easy. Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I'm gonna make this soon!

    ReplyDelete