Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dining w/ cell phones

I thought I was a little "old school" in my philosophy for not checking my cell phone during meals because I felt I was in the minority for it, but now there is a game that is gaining in populating that supports my view found here.

Rules:
1--The game starts after everyone has ordered.
2--Everybody places their phone on the table face down.
3--The first person to flip over their phone loses the game.
4--Loser of the game pays for the bill.
5--If the bill comes before anyone has flipped over their phone everybody is declared a winner and pays for their own meal.

Variations/house rules:
-Starting the game after everyone is seated.
-In the rare event that multiple people flip their phones simultaneously, the bill is split between said players.
- Feel free to invoke penalties/strikes systems.

Thoughts on using your cell phone during meals and this game?

Warmly,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. All I can say JB is that I raised you RIGHT. People constantly checking their phones or talking/texting during dinner or while hanging out with friends is just plain rude. Yes it might be old school but "love the one you're with" and give them your full attention, not the other bozo texting you.

    ReplyDelete