Saturday, November 26, 2011

Green Tip

Weekly, I'll post one easy sustainability tip that I find very useful and makes a big impact.

A tip for Black holiday shopping and grocery shopping is to bring your own bags!

Three resons to bring your own bags:
1) We only use a  plastic/paper bag for only 5-12 minutes
2) It takes about 1,000 years before a plastic bag starts to decompose
3) Plastic bags are made of non-renewable resources, which hurts the planet and reduces our nautral resources

You can reuse your paper bags from previous shopping trips.




Also I have a slew of these canvas bags that I have gotten for free at events, concerts, and as a thank you for signing up for a magazine. I leave these canvas bags in my car and I grab them whenever I am going shopping.




If you think carrying around these extra bags are too bulky or not spontaneous enough for your shopping habits, you can also get this reusable bags that folds in on a small bag. This way you can always have a reusable bag on you!





Do you have any  other green shopping tips?

Warmly,
Jamie

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of clothes swap parties, where a bunch of ladies and their friends get together at someone's home. Everybody brings cute gently worn clothes, accessories or even shoes and swaps with each other. Truly a win-win-win, you clean your closet, get new stuff and don't spend a dime. It's recycling so its green too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea! I have also heard of doing a jewelery swap too!

    ReplyDelete