Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quiche

Quiche is one of my favorite dishes to make ahead! So the night before I cooked all the veggies and grated the cheese. Then in the morning, I assembled the quiche and threw it into the oven while I got ready!

Below is the recipe I used, but really you can substitute what vegetables and cheese you prefer or have in your fridge.

Photo taken by mom

Vegetable Quiche
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
3 cups of raw spinach
1 package of crumini mushrooms
1 large Italian squash
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 cup of jack cheese
2 slices of bacon
1 frozen pie crust
5 eggs
3 tablespoons water
salt and pepper to taste

Turn oven to 350 degrees. The crust will be need to be par-baked to avoid raw dough in the middle, so first poke holes into the crust to let air escape and cook for 7 minutes. Place a layer on cheese on the crust.

Cut the onion and mushroom into bite size pieces and saute till golden, season with salt and pepper, place into pie crust and layer cheese on this. Repeat with squash, spinach, and bacon. **This part can be done the night before and place into fridge.

Combine eggs with water, salt, pepper and beat with whisk, then pour on top of the veggie/cheese mixture. Cook for 40 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked!

Enjoy!
JB

3 comments:

  1. I can attest to this being a great recipe! Thanks, Jamie, for putting it on your blog so I can have it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it so much I am making it again this weekend with orzo-arugula salad for Grandpa's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yo--Thanks! Let me know how yours turns out!

    @Mom--Can't wait to have some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete